Sketches

Sunday 5 June 2016

Glass vase

My latest glass works piece. A vase for three flowers.
Layered sheet glass with enamel coloured layers in between, tack-fused. Tack-fused means fused at a lower temperature. In this way the sheets are not completely molten into each other, and still visible as separate sheets.
The flowers are there only for show, I notice that the holes practically impossible to clean, too small.
So live flowers will not be possible. I have started with some glass flowers, and will use a new technique called Pâte de verre. It was time to move on after a few Tack-fused objects.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Very colourful. Maybe some dried flowers might work in place of fresh flowers.

Rene Fijten said...

Good idea, if the three glass flowers that I started working on don't work out, I will give that a try.