Sketches

Thursday 12 February 2015

1000 posts !

This post is the blogpost number 1000.
A regular milestone, I never thought I would be doing blogging for such a long time. Or sketching for that matter.
I started exactly 8 years ago, in February 2007. And this is really pure coincidence: my first post was about "Cowrunning". Back in those days I was still captain of a running team, and I remember we won that year the B-I-G prize.
And guess what: tonight the tournament was held again, as starter for the Carnaval weekend.
Unfortunately I cannot participate, our team fell apart three years ago, but I still enjoy watching the spectacle. This drawing was made on location, but painting the sketch did not work: too cold and too crowded.
I am ready for the next 1000 posts.

6 comments:

Miú said...

And on this side we are also ready for another 1000, and looking forward to them! Congratulations on your beautiful work, Rene.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Miu, I'll do my best!

RobCarey said...

Wow! Congratulations Rene!! I remember seeing the first cows on your blog. :)

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Congrats! That's a lot of posting. I'Ve enjoyed your comments as much as your sketches. I hope you continue for a long time to come (whatever changes may take place in the internet).

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Rob. Yes, I drew a lot of cows since then..... :)

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Michael, I am also om Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr and some other platforms. But I always feel this blog is the backbone and archive of what I am doing.