Sketches

Monday 17 November 2014

The total view of Volterra

Here are the last images of the Leporello. The top image was made on the last morning, just before we started on our trip home.



And here is the total strip of drawings: 1,5 meter long, 20cm high.
As you can see there is no room for mistakes, you can't tear out or delete a drawing.

Most drawings were totally made on location, 3 were drawn there but painted at home, the alabaster worker was redrawn from an original sketch in my moleskine book and the last one under "Volterra" was based on a picture.
The video is a little experiment in posting. I have to figure out how to handle sound or music, steadyness and how to improve the brightness. Next years challenge.

4 comments:

rob carey said...

Fun to see the video and a little interesting effect. With the sound of an electric saw in the background, it made it seem like the long drawing was being run across a table saw or in a lumber mill. Funny.

Rene Fijten said...

Yes that circular saw, my neighbouw was cutting wood. It was my first attempt at a sketch video. I figured: what Rob can do I should be able to do as well. But reality bites :) . I have to figure out how to do music etc.

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Nice scroll. I haven't checked out your video yet because it doesn't run on my iPad; I'll certainly check it on my computer later on.
Your sketches of Tuscany certainly make it tempting to visit.

Rene Fijten said...

Yes Michael, it's a wonderful place. So much to see, so much to sketch!