Sketches

Friday 11 April 2014

Alphons Winters prize

Exhibition tonight in the Kerkrade townhall.
This painting was made in may 2013, during a live portrait session. Acrylic on paper. Took me about 1 1/2 hour to make.
The painting was selected for the first round of the bi-annual Alphons Winters prize (for amateur painters). It was nice to see selected works of 35 painters together in one room.
I was curious to see how my work compares to others within the league I always wanted to be in. I must say, the average quality was pretty high, and some works were far better than mine. But in general I think I fitted in well.
Only a few works will be selected for the next and final round, but I will have no problem to "lose" from what I saw tonight.

4 comments:

schilderijenfoto said...

Zier er heel goed uit!

Rene Fijten said...

Dank je Geert-Jan. Hoe gaat het met jouw schilderwerk?

rob carey said...

Congratulations! An excellent job, Rene.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Rob. Am am already pleased to be selected for this exhibition.