Sketches

Saturday 15 March 2014

Practice

Practice in model class. Not the best portrait I ever made, but I am already happy if I make one good painting out of 5 moderate ones.
This is Isabel, panted with acrylic on brown kraftpaper.

As a sidenote: one of my paintings was selected for the first round in a regional amateur painting contest: the biannnual Alphons Wintersprijs.
I am already very happy with that.
There will be an opening at April 11th: then I'll know what the artistic level of the other painters is.


This is the painting I submitted:


2 comments:

rob carey said...

Congratulations, Rene!

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Rob. Even though I am admitted, I have no idea what the level of selection is. There are about 250 selected, of which 70 will go to the next round. We'll see at the opening. I submitted this painting: http://www.renefijten.blogspot.nl/2013_05_01_archive.html