Sketches

Sunday 12 May 2013

Vienna, Wenen


Vienna! (Wenen; Wien) We just returned from a visit to the city: me, my wife and some good friends.
We had very good weather, at least until Saturday, when it started raining.
It was the first time I visited the city, I always thought it was a bit old fashioned, boring and uncool. Well, was I wrong! I loved it there.
Visited the center, the Hofburg, Schloss Schönbbrunn, the Prater, Hundertwasserhaus and so on.
Here is the impression of the city centre, as seen from the old and famous Ferris wheel in the Prater (a large park). I drew and painted this during the trip, which lasts about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

RobCarey said...

I also loved Vienna, and wished I had more time to draw there. Very nice.

Rene Fijten said...

Yes, I remember you went there. Actually, I did not have a lot of opportunity to sketch, we were a group of 6, I couldn't ask them to stop for me.