Sketches

Sunday 23 September 2012

Portraits in Kerkrade

(remark: I updated the photo)


A busy weekend, on saturday drawing in Liège, today (sunday) I stood on the Market of Kerkrade to make portraits. Something like a Dutch version of "place du Tertre".

I must have made about 30 quick portraits in about 4 hours; after a while I lost count.

I drew mainly children, two adults and.... a dog called Misty.
Both the children and the dog were a first timer for me, it took me a while to get the proportions of the youthful faces  correct.

Here is the final collection: 27 portraits.

Rodney was also there, he must have made as many as I did. We both had children waiting in line to take a seat in front of our easels.

6 comments:

Balaji Venugopal said...

Wow! The sketches are pretty good. You sketch really fast considering you have spent an average of 8 minutes per sketch.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Balaji, it was hard work, no time for coffee or a break, the kids were waiting in line.

Flo said...

Fantastic ! I think I never could do this (and less in place where people know me): to much afraid by doing wrong !

Rene Fijten said...

That was no problem with these kids, they were all so happy when they took these drawing with them, even those who I considered to be less successful.

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Leuk verslag Rene! En de foto's van kinderen met portret was een geweldig idee. Heeft jouw dochter die gemaakt of heb jijzelf tussendoor. Al zal daar weinig tijd voor zijn geweest. Als ik goed geturfd heb kom ik op 22 portretten, 21 kinderen en een volwassene. Maar geen hond! Inderdaad een drukke middag, beiden vanaf het eerste portret geen minuut pauze gehad, maar wel een erg leuke ervaring! Ik heb nog een fotograaf van de organisatie (neem ik aan) zien rondlopen, hopelijk heeft die ook nog leuke foto's gemaakt.

Rene Fijten said...

Merci Rodney, ik heb de meeste foto's zelf gemaakt, ik maakte daar een beetje een showtje van. Rianne een stuk of 12.